Sunday, July 26, 2009

My inspiration board

I have recently started to take a sketchbook with me wherever I go so I can capture some of the images that are constantly flowing through my mind. Maybe it's my imagination but it seems to me that the more I put on paper, the more I create. Maybe it's just that I am able to move forward to new things and stop drowning in details on the older stuff. Whichever it is, I have more designs than ever and more excitement about them than usual. I have the sketches, fabric swatches, buttons, hooks and other things that I already have on-hand for projects posted on a cork bulletin board next to my computer. It serves as an inspiration board and reminder of what I have collected and what I need to look for. It has made my studio a lot brighter and more cheerful.

On the home front:
Phoenix has been healthy (except for the usual, chronic pain) now for several days. She had an allergic reaction to the antibiotic and broke out in a "chickenpox-like" rash all over. It wasn't a pretty thing. Now her eyes are bright and mischievous again. I even managed to get her to go out two nights in a row to three different events. My 30th high school reunion was this weekend and and a welcome home party for a friend who had had surgery overseas. We had a well-deserved weekend of fun. Life should settle down a bit now that the parties are in the past. The dogs and kitties are glad to spend time with us whenever they can and we are glad to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment